Followers

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday 29 June 2012

Fussy and Fancy DT # 66


Hi everyone,
A really quick post from me this morning before I get the kids ready for school/playschool. It's the start of a new challenge over at 
 today which is one of my favourites: 
Fancy Folds!
 I love creating unusual shaped cards and intricately folded ones and although the card I've done isn't anything that hasn't been done before, I still have fun doing it. It's a napkin fold card and although I can't remember where I got the instructions for it, if you google napkin fold I'm sure it comes up. Usually you start with 12"x12" cardstock but I didn't have any left so I scaled it down to an 8"x8" piece, and I think I like this size better - so happy accident! The papers I used were from Nitwits crab apple collection, I decided to be a bit different and have my image on the inside so I could just have a big flower (made with a WOC flower and doohickey peony petal die) on the belly band, and I've tucked a little doohickey tag behind the band too.





The sentiment square is nestie lacey square and Magnolia's Princess Party Tilda is borrowed from my special friend Fleur (thanx so much!)


Got to rush, thanks for visiting me today, hope you can join us at Fussy and Fancy this fortnight and I will see you again tomorrow with my new Allsorts creation!
Hugs,



8 comments:

Sazzle said...

Great napkin fold card Nicola and I love the big flower on the front :-)

xx Sazzle xx

Unknown said...

wow certainly a fancy fold indeed..id have got lost making this...you must have the patience of a saint..its stunning hugs sassyx

Lisa Jane said...

wow gorgeous fold... i love those pretty papers too
Lisa x

coops said...

wow this is fabulous nicola.really beautiful design and i love your pretty colours and image ;D

xx coops xx

Words and Pictures said...

That's genius... like those little games we used to fold at school to see who you were going to marry! But then so beautifully designed and decorated - it's gorgeous. Thanks for the inspiration!

Mary said...

This card is absolutely amazing! I will definitely have to try this, it looks fantastic!

Hugs,
Mary

Unknown said...

Nicola your work just gets better and better what stunning creations since my last visit , this is beautiful well done Hugs Elaine

Marilyn said...

This is a very clever bit of folding. Love the papers and that sweet little Maggie peeking out.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...