Followers

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday 21 July 2012

Distressing for Allsorts DT #164

Morning all,
Hooray, it's finally the summer holidays, school's out and my time's my own again! I'm hoping that things will be different in September as I've finished my stint as chairperson and although I will be working at the preschool as a relief assistant, I should have more time to help out at school too which is more where I want to be in a years time. With no extra work as chairperson, this should leave me a lot less stressed! It was a very emotional day yesterday as it was Jasmine's leaving party at preschool and as she is my youngest I was sad to think that I wont have any more children going there. It's the end of having preschool children in the family and I shall miss that part of my life but I have to look forward to all three of them now being in one place and not coming and going between two settings.
Anywho, that's enough of my sentimental ramblings, I hope to be able to put in some serious crafting time this summer and do extra projects as I've been struggling just to do my DT work lately and I haven't done as many 3D makes as I usually do. That said, this week's 
DT make is a card! Following my best crafting buddy Fleur's fab theme of 
Distressing,
 I made a birthday card for my SIL, using the beautiful engraved flowers stamp from our new sponsor Flonzcraft.


Using my Go Kreate shaped card die I layered white cardstock with Nitwits paper (love this colour :))
I tucked TH On the edge Butterflight in between these layers. Next layer is a very distressed Spellbinders nestie labels twenty two. I made the tag using Sizzix tags die, brayered it with DI's Wild honey and Forest moss and then used the forest moss again on my SU rollaround wheel for the background swirls. Stamped the image on the top of all that and added some ribbon and gems before adding it to my card on top of some cheesecloth. Stamped the SU birthday circular stamp twice and layered the centre of the bolder of the two using a complimentary coloured paper. I finished it off with some white TH flower ribbon, inked all the edges  and made a few tears here and there.

Hope you are inspired to join us at Allsorts this week with your distressed work, thanks for stopping by today and I must apologise for my absence around blogland I'm hoping this improves now I've got a bit more free time lol! as I love to see the diversity of everyone's masterpieces.
Have a wonderful weekend and see you next Friday (if not before) for my latest Fussy and Fancy DT creation!
Hugs,



13 comments:

Jacki Daniels said...

I tell you Nicola children don't half pull at your heart strings don't they I am so glad I have left the school run behind rushing around trying to get Amy to school and then myself to work on time enjoy it though while it lasts as they seem to fly through the rest of the school years and before you know it they will going to college
beautiful card as always love those butterflies stunning
have a great weekend
Jacki xx

cheryl said...

oh hun this is so beautiful love the vintage feel to this gorgeous hun xx

Lisa Jane said...

Beautiful shape and colours
Have a great weekend
Lisa x

Tonya said...

This is so pretty!

Marilyn said...

Wow.. this is pretty! Great design and colour choices.

Unknown said...

what a stunning card ..love the butterlies on the side..youve done ourself proud fab work hugs sassyxxx

brenda said...

Hi Nicola,

Beautiful colour palette and use of the great butterfly die.

Hope you have a good weekend and that the weather stays kind for long school holidays.

B X

May said...

Gorgeous card.. love the colours & design.. I love distressed cards and yours rock... Hugs May x x x

Fleur said...

A truly stunning card Nicola, so beautiful. I get emotional at the end of every school year ~ just thinking how quick Mackenzie is growing up. Catch up soon
BIG HUGZ Fleur xXx

coops said...

wow this is stunning nicola.i love your design and fantastic image and colours ;D

xx coops xx

Debs said...

Stunning card Nicola - love the shape and the colours are gorgeous.
Enjoy the rest of the weekend.
Take care
Debs xx

Words and Pictures said...

So lovely - such unusual colours, and they really work so beautifully. Love the distress edging to the butterflies, and the sewing's super as an additional texture.
Alison x

Chris said...

A beautiful card Nicola and a gorgeous shabby chic feel to it, I bet you're SIL will love it.

Yippee for the school holidays, I remember that feeling well, so lovely to be able to relax in the mornings. I also remember those school milestones it'll be lovely to have those extra minutes in the mornings with them all in the same school come September.

Enjoy your extra crafty time :D! Chris xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...