Followers

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday 15 July 2011

Celebration of 'Summer'

Hello to everyone in blogland.
Sorry I'm only managing to post my DT cards at the minute, time is limited and I'm hoping that in the school holidays things settle down and become less manic! End of term is always busy for me as Chair of a preschool as there are so many loose ends to tie up so that September return isn't a nightmare!
I must apologise also for my lack of commenting on all your lovely work, I promise I shall be back asap!
My card this time for Fussy and Fancy is following the theme of 'Summer', such a popular one with so many lush stamps and papers out there. Our sponsors this week are MelJen's Designs - 4 digi's and Love to Stamp - $15 gift voucher! Please visit my teamies blogs if you get the chance as there work is truly amazing!








Here's a view of the wonderful dimension that a shutter card creates. Sorry if the photo's aren't that clear, I must have done them in a hurry!
It's a shutter card following the fab sketch over at Magnolialicious Highlights created by the lovely Mindy. I've created a seaside themed card, as long hot summer days are perfect at the beach! I have lots of childhood memories of beach holidays spent rock pooling, collecting shells and paddling in the sea and I try to take my children on coastal adventures as often as I can.

Supplies:
SU cardstock and Blueberry crisp papers
SU photo corner punch and leaf punch
SU linen thread
SU Seaside shell stamps
Hero Arts self adhesive lace
Magnolia Surfing Tilda and seaside background (sorry for not having the correct names for these stamps but haven't got time to look up)
LOTV Sentiment
Nesties Labels two
Shell charms from bunny zoes
TH Disress inks and SU inkspots
Flowers from stash


I would like to enter the following challenges:
Sir Stamp-a-lot  - Anything Goes
TOMIC - Create a scene/dimensional

Will be back tomorrow with my Allsorts card.
Thanks for stopping by and taking a look, I truly adore your wonderful comments!
Love

15 comments:

angelwhispers said...

Nicola this is just so fab and such a great design for such special images. Hope everything settles down for you in the holidays!!! Love Chanelle xxx

pinky said...

Gorgeous creation Nicola, love the shape, works perfectly for the beach setting. I love it!Thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month.
Pinky

Donna said...

Your card is totally amazing Nicola and such indredible attention to detail :) Donna x

Fleur said...

A fab card Nicola, I love the papers & the folds look great.
Big HUGZ Fleur xXx

Lynne K said...

Gorgeous card! Love the shutter style. Great colours and pretty papers. Thank you for sharing it with us at Sir Stampalot this month and good luck.

Lynne x

Irene Daryanto said...

wow Nicola, it's a great scene, love it, you're very creative to create a shutter card with good use of the sketch, I got to try make this one. great coloring too, don't you just love summer.
Thanks for joining TOMIC.
hugs from Indonesia,
Irene

coops said...

stunning card nicola.the design is fantastic and i love the fab images and details ;D

xx coops xx

Chris said...

Oh my goodness Nicola your card is fabulous! I love the shutter design and how you decorated it is inspirational! Love your colouring and the gorgeous beach theme too. Sounds like you're busy but hopefully as you say it'll pay off in September :). Also love that you take your children on coastal adventures, I did that with mine too and I enjoyed it as much as they did, you can't beat a bit of rock pooling :D, and they'll have those wonderful memories too later on. Have a good weekend and hope it isn't raining where you are! Hugs, Chris x

Sally H said...

A fabulous card! Love the design. Thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month and good luck.

Sheryl said...

Wow! You are on a very creative roll! This card rocks! Hugs, Sheryl

PinksyDoodles said...

This is fabulous Nicola. Thank you for sharing with us at Sir Stampalot.
Clare x

Chris said...

Hi Nicola, I just wanted to let you know that you won on TOMIC with this beautiful card! Hope you see this and get in touch to claim your Magnolia prize. Congratulations!!! Hugs, Chris xx

Janiel/ janny said...

This is beautiful!! Loving your creation!!
thanks for joining the challenge over at Magnolia-licious HighLites.
hugs, Janiel

Francesca said...

Fantastic card

thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot challenge this month and good luck!

Hugs
Francesca

Tracy said...

Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Sir Stampalot’s challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...