Followers

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday 21 January 2012

Needles and pins - Allsorts DT Wk138



Hello everyone,
I'm really late with my 
card today, but better late than never! 
The challenge, chosen this week by our lovely Jo is
Needles and Pins.

This theme made me think of safety pins so I made a baby card.
The safety pin holds some mini SU tags with 'hello baby' sentiment and two baby shoe charms. I ruffled the ribbon and stuck a sparkly button to the centre of the bow.
The card shape is Go Kreate die. Papers are Magnolia Sweet Rainbow Pink Plaid, BG Hopscotch and My Minds Eye Kraft Funday Everyday and the layers are shaped with Nesties lacey circles and Labels 23. The cotton scrim I popped under the layers was given to me by my lovely friend Fleur (thanks hun x)
The cute Greetings Farm image called Snuggle is coloured with TH DI's and her dress, hairbows and bunny are paper pieced.



The outer layers are paper pierced and randomly stitched using embroidery thread.
The big pink flower was part of the prize I was lucky enough to have won from TOMIC and the turquoise flower is made from a Marianne Creatable die.


I kept the inside CAS :


As I was finishing this card I thought I could have made a pin cushion to follow the theme too but it was too late by then, that's one for the future, watch this space Lol! Maybe someone will have time to make one and enter our challenge with it.....

Please pop over to the Allsorts blog for all the details of the challenge and prizes up for grabs, where the rest of the DT have some gorgeous creations for you.
Have a lovely weekend, and I look forward to getting round a few blogs this week....
Hugs,

9 comments:

Debs said...

Super cute card Nicola - the image is adorable and the safety pin is a perfect touch :o)
Have a fab weekend.
Debs xx

angelwhispers said...

Love the detail on this pretty card! Love Chanelle xx

Jacki Daniels said...

Hi Nicola what a gorgeous card haven't tried paper piecing yet but love this and the flowers and LO are beautiful hope you are keeping well have a great weekend
Jacki xx

Fleur said...

A gorgeous card Nicola, the image is adorable. the flowers and papers are so pretty

Big Hugz Fleur xXx

Marlies said...

A gorgeous card Nicola! So very sweet and with beautiful details! I love the idea of the pin with the bow and little shoes charm! hugs, Marlies

Louise said...

Gorgeous card love the shape and image,well actually I just love it all
Hugs louise xx

Tracey said...

This is absolutely beautiful Nicola, I love all the details :)
Have a good week.
Hugs
Tracey
xx

cheryl said...

oh gosh this is stunning Hun just love the image and all the layers are just lush Hugs Cherylxxx

Emma (metalicbutterfly) said...

Great card Hun she is so cute! X

Emma xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...