Followers

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday 24 April 2014

DT - Marvelous Magnolia - Anything Goes

Hi,
Here's a quick reminder that you have nearly a week to still enter
 magnificent challenge which this time round is
 Anything Goes!
So whatever Magnolia project you've got on the go at the moment would fit the criteria and we love seeing how creative you can get, so what are you waiting for?

This is a card I have made for my OH's birthday which is coming up next week.....


I must admit, it's totally different from what I usually make - no flowers or anything girly, but I enjoyed making it just as much! Most of the papers are Stampin Up, I think the newspaper print might be Bazzil but not sure. I masked Castle Guard Edwin with Afternoon Tea plant, coloured the scene with distress inks, cut out using Spellbinders labels twenty three and layered up with Spellbinders Fleur de Lis Square. I heavily gold frantaged around the image and on the Fleur de Lis frame. I machine stitched the newspaper layer and used SU's spiral punch on it too. The sentiment and mini tags are also SU. As well as using Magnolia's lovely fence DooHickey, I also used the flag pole DooHickey, cut from thin gold metal. The top shape of the card is part of a Go Kreate die.


You can't really see but, I did a bit of a cross between decoupage and paper piecing on Edwins belt to make it stand off the image and I added glossy accents to his shoes.
Thanks for visiting today it means so much! Check out my teamies inspiration - it's all so gorgeous! 

Our wonderful sponsors this time are:



and


Challenge I would like to enter:
Magnolia-licious - Anything Goes (2nd entry)

Only one more day until the weekend -  make sure you have a good one!
Happy Crafting
Hugs,


10 comments:

Anne said...

Wonderful card, love the fence and shapes. Great image and such fancy colors!

Hugs, Anne.

Céline said...

so gorgeous Nicola, probably my fav edwin
hugs
céline

Beth Brovold said...

BEAUTIFUL Nicola...if I may say that about a male card!! Such a wonderful scene that you have created!!

Donna said...

Oh, wow!!! I just love Edwin. He reminds me of my hubby. He was in the guards. Lol!!!
Your colouring is super and I love the gold Frantage around the frame. Your choice of papers look fab.
Hugs, Donna x

coops said...

so stunning Nicola.edwin looks fab and I love your gold frantage ;D

xx coops xx

Norma said...

Beautiful card, Nicola. Love the scene you've created with this adorable Edwin. Fabulous colouring--love the way you did his fur hat. The heat embossing in gold looks terrific.
Thanks for coming over to play with us at the Magnolia-licious Challenge.
Hugs,
Norma

JenniferD said...

I Looooove this Card its just Amazing! Edwin is just Perfect on here! Your Papers work so well and the touch of Gold Fran-tage Wow! Have a Great Weekend!

Chris said...

What a fun card! You've added wonderful artistic elements that just set it apart! Well done! The Fran-tage is wonderful! I love that Edwin! Thank you for joining the Anything Goes Challenge at the Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog. Good luck to you!

XO,
Chris

Suzi Mac said...

Hi Nicola, this is a fabulous masculine card, great colouring and masking. Wonderful choices of papers and layout. Thank you for joining in our anything goes challenge over at Magnolia-licious. Good luck!
Hugs Suzi x

Flo said...

Amazing card! I love your frantage and great design! Hugs, Flo.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...