Followers

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday 7 April 2014

DT Simply Magnolia - Easter


Hi everyone,
First proper day of the Easter holidays for most kids in the UK and it's raining! Typical British weather then lol!
Maybe the card I have to show you can help coax the sun out for later in the week :D
We have a brand new challenge for you over at
Easter!
All you have to do is make sure that along with your Magnolia image you include things related to Easter such as rabbits, chicks, Easter eggs etc. 
I love my Easter Maggies, and got a little bit carried away with this card, colouring FOUR images lol! I just couldn't decide between them so I thought what the heck I'll go with all four!
It started off as a traditional shaped centre step card but its shape changed somewhat as I added extras along the way.


Images: Magnolia Tilda withMr Rooster, Tilda and her bunny, Tilda with newly hatched chick and Happy Easter background - all coloured with Distress inks (you'll have to excuse the terrible colouring this time as I had big problems with my Langton hot pressed watercolour paper for some reason :(
Magnolia DooHickeys: scalloped tag, lovely fence, grass edge, cloud
Also used Magnolia chicken wire stamp, Spellbinders Labels twenty three for the sides covered in cheesecloth, lace and seam binding, shabby white frantage, and glossy accents for the raindrops.




The sentiment is from an old Forever friends spring collection and the flower stamped edge is an Stamping Up stamp. All the butterflies are from an SU embossed die. The pink paper on the butterflies is Magnolia Rose - Easter Blessing but the other papers are from my stash so I don't know who they're by :(




Hope I've inspired you to join in with our Easter challenge, check out my teamies creations - they're awesome!
Our lovely sponsor this time is:



I would like to enter the following challenges:
Midweek Magnolias - Easter with option of adding bunnies
Tildas Town - Clean and Layered or Fussy and Fancy
Inky chicks - butterflies

Thanks for visiting me today, I'll be back on Thursday for my midway reminder for Marvelous Magnolia, so until then have a great week!
Hugs,


9 comments:

Donna said...

Wowzer!!! Nicola, Your card is stunning.
I bet it took you ages to colour all of those adorable Tilda's and that scenery?
Your stitching is perfect. I need to practice on my machine that is gathering dust. Lol!!!
The detail is fabulous and I love the sentiment too.
I thinks this is a winner!
Oh, I can't stop looking at it.
Hugs, Donna xx

Tracey said...

Wow this is stunning Nicola, what a fabulous scene :o)
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Céline said...

fabulous Nicola! totally love this project
hugs
céline

coops said...

so beautiful nicola.stunning scene and design and i love your gorgeous colours and pretty tildas ;D

xx coops xx

Suzi Mac said...

Wow!! this is amazing Nicola, thank you so much for joining us at Midweek Magnolias with your beautiful Easter card. Good luck!
Hugs
Suzi x

Tamara said...

Love, love, love this card! So much work in it! Great colours too ...
Thank you for taking part in the Tilda's Town challenge blog this week. Hope to see you again soon!
Hugs,
Tamara

made-by-Kate said...

Hello Nicola.
Your card has become beautiful. Especially I like the colors and the little details. Your card has that certain something.
Greetings from Switzerland
Kate
http://kate1975.blogspot.co.at/

Cinzia C. said...

WOWWWWWWWWWWWWW!! This is just a wonderful creation Nicola!! GReat Tildas ensemble and colouring!!! Just love it!!! :)

Thank you very much for joining us at Tilda's Town this week
hugs, cinzia

Lizzidroege said...

wow what a great card the coloring and all those images wonderful

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...